situated in front of its namesake rock across the road, where it
served as a schoolhouse from 1779 until 1911, it was moved to its
present location in 1971. To our knowledge, it is the only
Colonial schoolhouse in Connecticut never to have had either
electricity or running water. It is an active museum, open to the
public, and owned by the Colebrook Historical Society. It is used
as a learning tool by Colebrook school children.
The Rock School replica building is number 7 in a
series offered for sale by The Colebrook Historical Society, 2007.
To see more click here >>